AfterNow is a software design and development agency specializing in mixed reality applications.
At AfterNow, we build the future of human and computer interaction for work and entertainment. We believe in the future in which screens become obsolete, and the virtual world merges with our physical environment.
We are looking for a passionate 3D artist to join our talented team to build this future.
- Create realistic 3D models and textures using software such as Maya, 3dsMax or Blender
- Apply optimization to her/his work
- Animate 3D models and produce visual effects using Unity
- Some C# Scripting knowledge
- Modeling and re-topologizing CAD data into production-ready 3d models
- Share knowledge with colleagues and support high-quality standards
- Work closely with user experience experts and engineers to build products that our customers love
- Resolve complex technical issues and drive innovation in our products
- Passionate: you love exploring how 3D interfaces can improve a user’s productivity and are interested in setting the standards for user interactions in augmented reality. You are genuinely interested in AR, VR, and gaming inside and outside of work hours
- A self-motivated team player: you feel comfortable working with other people, styles, and opinions and you believe collaboration always brings out the best. On the other hand, you can shoulder your responsibilities when needed and motivate yourself to complete tasks.
- User-centered: you prioritize the end user above all else.
- Someone who stays in the know: you are knowledgeable of various design principles along with industry trends
- A clever challenger: you obsessively question the necessity of every feature and can provide justification for any feature you design. You’re not afraid to challenge traditional design practices
- Bachelor degree in computer science and interactive, visual effects, game design
- Minimum 2 years of experience in either visual effects or game industry
- Portfolio showing 3D generalist skills in games or visual effects
- Knowledge of Unity engine
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to communicate and work with geographically disparate and culturally diverse teams
Good to have Qualifications:
- Experience working with Microsoft Mixed Reality toolkit
- Experience running design workshops with clients