We are looking for an artist to create character, environment, and UI for our augmented reality experiences and products. We are looking for someone who has strong illustration skill and at the same time, possesses a somewhat technical mind bringing a balance of both creative and analytic skills. We expect user experiences that are beautiful, fun, intuitive, and accessible to a diverse group of users.
- Define the vision for the art and aesthetic of our augmented reality presentations and products.
- Create sketches and detailed renderings of props and individual environmental elements.
- Create drawings and detailed renderings of characters and creatures.
- Create concept sketching, wire-framing, and high-fidelity UI mockups/prototypes.
- Collaborate with our UX designers to ensure we are delivering on compelling and intuitive user experience.
- Create illustrations for project pitches and marketing materials.
- Produce and iterate on quality work quickly in pursuit of the best visual design solution
- Willing to learn new 3D drawing tools in VR and AR (TiltBrush, Gravity sketch, Maquette, Masterpiece VR, Quill, Sketchbox)
- BA in art or related field or equivalent experience.
- Exceptional foundation art skills.
- Industry-leading understanding of human anatomy with an ability to render realistic female and male concepts, animal anatomy with an ability to render realistic animal and creature concepts.
- Industry-leading understanding of geography, geology, terrain, flora with an ability to render realistic environment concepts.
- Understanding of color theory, value structure, and lighting fundamentals with an application to both character and environment concept art.
- Strong understanding of modern matte painting techniques.
- Strong technical skills and the ability to quickly grasp new technology, workflows, and software
- Must be proficient with 2D applications such as Photoshop, Painter, Illustrator, etc.
- Understanding of 3D applications such as Zbrush, Maya/Max, blender.
How to apply
Email us at email@example.com
Join our team; building the future of human computing.
AfterNow specializes in envisioning, designing, and building mixed reality applications for practical use cases and entertaining experiences. Our clients include a few Fortune 500 companies in health care, aeronautics, food, telecommunication, entertainment, and education.
As a general overview we worked on Hololens based medical device for doctors in operating rooms, drone flight management holographic table, 5G virtual assistant for bike maintenance, battlefield visualization on holographic table, interactive sales tool for planes, presented the future of health, design the first spatial web Magic Leap app and a lot of AR immersive presentations for sales teams.
We develop two products. Blocker, an augmented reality director’s viewfinder for filmmakers. AfterNow Prez; a 3D augmented reality presentation tool that makes it easy for anyone to create immersive presentations.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with some information about you