What we are looking for
Skilled in interaction and visual design, customer and user experience design with specialized skills and talent for NUI (Natural User Interfaces) such as gestural controls, wearables, augmented and virtual reality environments, interactive experiences, and app design.
You will be part of a small team rapidly designing and prototyping new features and ideas for current and next-generation products. Working from our Los Angeles office, you'll work closely with our product strategy, design, and engineering teams to deliver high quality and thoughtful experiences to our customers.
You will be expected to contribute to all aspects of design and execution, including pitching your ideas, designing the feature (visual design, interaction design, and prototyping), and partnering with engineering to implement your vision.
What we will expect from you
- Run ideation sessions, develop design documentation and wireframing concepts for experiences such as mixed reality (AR/VR) and immersive, computer-based applications.
- Prepare prototypes and assets for formal usability validation with intended users.
- Come up with novel AR/VR interactions and quickly prototype them.
- Conceptualize and prototype AR/VR interactions and experiences that allow users to be immersed in an environment seamlessly.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams of engineers, artists, and producers to deliver extraordinary experiences.
- Communicate design goals and specifications to the engineers responsible for building them
- Ability to clearly communicate your disagreement with design choices or suggestions from various parties.
- Lead tests and conduct UX research to help refine and tune the applications to meet product goals.
- Contribute to all stages of the design process from user research to wireframes and shipping the product
- Maintain technical knowledge current with advancing technology related to VR and inform VR best practices
- Experience working with offshore teams
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Interaction Design, or related experience.
- Experience designing and prototyping spatial intuitive experiences.
- Able to design around non-traditional input methods (voice, touch, gaze, etc.).
- Familiarity with product development based on Lean UX principles.
- Familiar with a VR 3D modeling tools like Gravity Sketch, Maquette, Sketchbox, Tiltbrush or Quill.
- Familiar with Unity3D for quick prototyping
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
Join our team; building the future of human computing.
AfterNow specializes in envisioning, designing, and building mixed reality applications for Hololens, iOS and Magic Leap. Our clients include a few Fortune 500 companies in health care, aeronautics, food, telecommunication, entertainment, and education.
As a general overview, we worked on:
- Hololens based medical device for doctors in operating rooms,
- drone flight management holographic table,
- 5G virtual assistant for bike maintenance,
- battlefield visualization on a holographic table,
- interactive sales tool for planes,
- presented the future of health,
- design the first spatial web Magic Leap app
- and a lot of AR immersive presentations for sales teams.
We develop two products. Blocker, an augmented reality director's viewfinder for filmmakers. AfterNow Prez; a 3D augmented reality presentation tool that makes it easy for anyone to create immersive presentations.